DEGREE REQUIREMENTS - International Studies 2018-2019 (PDF)
4 YEAR PLAN - International Studies 2018-2019(PDF)
This concentration enables students to understand and assess society within international, human and social contexts. Students can focus on business, conflict transformation, or a specific geographical area: Africa, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, or Southeast Asia. For students interested in global affairs, conflict resolution, civil service, and international organizations.
With advanced planning, students may be eligible for accelerated master's programs at Mason in the following areas:
- Global Affairs (MA)
- Biodefense (MS)
- International Commerce and Policy (MA)
- Political Science (MA)
- Public Administration (MPA)
- Public Health (MPH)
- Public Policy (MPP).
All students have opportunities to
- conduct independent research
- engage in globally-related activities through coursework and language study at Mason and abroad
- participate in many forms of public service
- prepare for their future careers through internships, career-focused minors and other college-to-career activities