INTS 475: Special Topics
INTS 475-012: Strategies for Well-being in Turbulent Times
09:00 AM to 05:00 PM S
Section Information for Fall 2018
This course explores promising strategies for personal and organizational adaptability and resilience in an era where unsustainable economic, environmental and social trends are reaching tipping points that are resulting in significance turbulence. Advancing the range of factors affecting well-being is a challenge in the best of times. These challenges are compounded in turbulent times and require additional strategies for not only coping but thriving.
The course will study recent research findings and factors driving ever-more rapid and interdependent changes in our global village. Most of the course will be dedicated to discussing and applying a series of specific well-being strategies and practices for both individuals and organizations, including:
- Personal Strategies for:
- Developing “alternative futures” that help understand the potential impacts of rapid changes in the economic, environmental and social disruptions;
- Developing “courage” to overcome the fears created by the uncertainty of unsustainable global dynamics;
- Developing “resilience” to adapt professionally, financially and socially to rapidly changing circumstances;
- Organizational Strategies for:
- Increasing “structural foresight” into the trends that affect organizational well-being;
- Increasing the organization’s ability to understand the “risk and opportunities” that emerge from rapidly changing environment;
- Increasing “organizational agility” to adapt to emerging changes in the macro-environment, sectorial, technological trends
View 3 Other Sections of this Course in this Semester »
Course Information from the University Catalog
Studies topics of special interest to undergraduates. Notes: May be repeated for credit when topic is different. May be repeated within the term for a maximum 18 credits.
The University Catalog is the authoritative source for information on courses. The Schedule of Classes is the authoritative source for information on classes scheduled for this semester. See the Schedule for the most up-to-date information and see Patriot web to register for classes.