Student Awards: First Generation Scholarship
The School of Integrative Studies First Generation Student Scholarship is open to George Mason University students enrolled in Integrative Studies or Environmental Sustainability Studies degrees, who are the first in their immediate family to pursue an undergraduate education (e.g. neither parent/guardian have completed a four-year degree in the United States). Awards are given in consideration of financial need in the amount of $500 - $1,000.
- Applicant must be enrolled full time as an undergraduate student at George Mason University.
- Applicant must be majoring in Integrative Studies or Environmental Sustainability Studies.
- Must be an undergraduate in good academic standing per university guidelines
- Applicant must have a current FAFSA or Alternative Need form on file with Mason's Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Must be a First-Generation Student as defined within FAFSA or Alternative Need form: The first in their family to attend college (neither birth or adoptive parents have completed a 4-year college degree).
Ju Eun Cheong, BA, Integrative Studies - Social Justice and Human Rights
Amy Hannum, BA, Environmental and Sustainability Studies
Diana Fernandez, BA, Integrative Studies - Liberal Arts for the Teaching Profession