We celebrated your achievements, commemorated your successes, and looked to the future at George Mason University's spring graduation events, Thursday May 18, 2023 at 2:30 P.M in Eagle Bank Arena
IMPORTANT INFO AT A GLANCE:
- The Commencement Ceremony and the Degree Celebration Ceremony are two different events.
- Undergraduate students will have their name called out and walk across the stage only at the Degree Celebration event on Thursday, May 18th at 2:30.
- Commencement will be held Thursday, May 18th at 10:00 AM at the Eagle Bank Arena.
- If you still have coursework to take during the summer you MUST apply to graduate for the summer semester on Patriot Web by the deadline. This will ensure that your name is printed in the spring ceremony programs. (i.e. you can walk in spring even if you have coursework to complete in the summer).
- Students should plan to attend the Graduation Fair to purchase their cap and gown on Tuesday through Thursday, February 28th, March 1st and March 2nd from 10 AM - 6 PM in the JC, Dewberry Hall. For more info: https://www.gmu.edu/caps-gowns-rings-and-announcements
For students in the School of Integrative Studies, graduation is an individualized, collaborative process. Students should begin the graduation process in the last semester of their junior year. Each potential graduate must:
Submitting your Graduation Application on-line notifies the Mason Graduation Office that you expect to graduate at the end of the semester you select.
- Login to Patriot Web.
- Click on Student Services.
- Click on Student Records.
- Click on Apply to Graduate.
- Click on the circle next to your current program. You are earning a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Integrative Studies or a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Environmental and Sustainability Studies or Bachelor of Individualized Study (B.I.S.) or a Bachelor of Arts (B.A) in Human Development and Family Science. See your Patriot Web degree evaluation to confirm.
- Choose your Graduation Date (December, May or August) and click Continue.
- The next screen will display the way your name will appear on your diploma. If you would like to change this, contact the Office of the University Registrar at 703-993-2441. Click Continue.
- Select your diploma mailing address.
- Choose your current address or “new” to enter a new address.
- If you choose” new”, carefully enter the address you want your diploma to be mailed to.
- Review your address and correct if necessary.
- Review the summary information. Report any errors or omissions immediately to email@example.com or 703-993-2441.
- Click Submit.
If you have further questions regarding graduation in the School of Integrative Studies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduation with Honors
University Book Store – Cap & Gown
University Spring Graduation website