New Transfer Pre-Orientation Advising

Welcome to Mason and to the School of Integrative Studies!

We have three degree options in our school: Integrative Studies, Environmental and Sustainability Studies, and Individualized Studies.

Individualized Studies

Students can make an advising appointment by emailing an adviser at

Environmental and Sustainability Studies

Students can make an advising appointment by emailing Sharon Spradling at

Integrative Studies

Students, please follow the steps below to make an Advising Appointment prior to Orientation. 

1. Check to see if your credits have transferred by checking your Unofficial Transcript through Patriot Web --> Student Services --> Student Records --> View Your Unofficial Transcript (select the current semester) --> Display Mason Transcript.

If you do not see that courses have been evaluated yet, review your transferring courses in which you received a grade of C or better and make a list of Mason equivalents using the Transfer Credit MatrixIf you do not bring this list with you to advising, we will not be able to discuss your remaining degree requirements or graduation timeline.

2. Please write down any questions you have and bring those as well.

3. Make an appointment: Please email us at to request schedule a Pre-Orientation Advising Appointment.


Degree Information

Get to know your advisors

All about SIS - video coming soon! 

New Transfer Student Mason Resources (Mason ID, Financial Aid and more)

Teacher Preparation Checklist - for students who wish to become teachers in pre-Kindergarten through 6th grade.

What happens to your AP/IB credits

What steps to take if some of your credits don't transfer